Introduction of Tally Software
Tally is a main program made by Peuntroies Pvt. Ltd Company. It is is it design for all types of accounting solution and stock management. It is DOS based version which includes accounting and windows based inventory control system. its main technology is based on company other report and book writing is made by the own. for the each the transaction leader a/c entry is open after voucher entry is done.
Tally solutions, then know as Peutronics, was co-founded in 1986 by Shyam Sunder Goenka and his son Barath Sshyam Sunder Goenka was running a company that supplied raw material and machines parts to plants raw material and machine parts to plants and textile mills in southern and eastern India. unable to find software that can manage his books of accounts, he asked his son Bharat Goenka, 23 a math graduate to create software that would handle financial accounts for this business. The first version of the accounting software was launched as an MS-DOS application it had only basic accounting function and was named Peutronics financial. It was known as the first code less package, a feature that made it easy for most people to use.
- In 1988, the product was renamed as Tally.
- In 1999, to company formally changed its name to Tally Solutions.
- In 2005, Tally 7.2 was launched with feature designed to meet India value-added taxation (vat) requirement.
- In 2006, Tally launched Tallyelhi 8.1, a concurrent multi-language version.
- In 2009, the company released Tally ERP 9 offering complete business management solution.
- In 2015, the company launched a program called vriddhi to certify and classify its business partners.
- In 2020, the company launched a program called Tally Prime with advance accounting feature.